Skip to main content

The Power of Reflecting back: How it can Improve Your Thought Process

Yes , my reflections on my own life ... 

The adage "age is just a number" is frequently used to characterise people who have achieved much in life despite their elderly years. 🎉 I take comfort in this proverb as I approach my midlife crisis; it serves as a constant reminder that I am not limited by my chronological age. ⏳

I've spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting on how to improve my actions and routines over the course of my life. 💭 While I have had some success in this area, I estimate that 80-90% of my deliberate endeavours have failed. 😔 I've been unable to find happiness in life due to several undesirable behaviours and characteristics of my own.

After giving it some thought, I've come up with a few causes for my difficulties. My inability to get things done quickly, for example, is due in large part to my lack of self-discipline and procrastination. 🤦‍♀️ The fact that I'm too chicken to explore traditional things has also stunted my development. 🐔

The Power of Reflecting back: How it can Improve Your Thought Process

I refuse to let these obstacles stop me from my pursuit of a better version of myself, since I believe that age is nothing more than a number. 💪

Yes , Despite these setbacks, I remain determined to continue striving for self-improvement and growth, embracing the idea that age truly is just a number. 🌟

Here are a few observations from my life from which you can learn on how to become productive in your wisdom. 📚

Dividing your attention can impede your ability to build momentum. This is a reality I have encountered in my personal life and observed in others around me. Many people often conclude that they are incapable of achieving a particular task or skill because it seems challenging. 😔 This is akin to assuming that you are bad at weightlifting because the weights are heavy. 💪 More often than not, persistence and perseverance are all it takes to surmount difficult obstacles.

The struggle to maintain positive habits can be attributed to several factors, such as being too busy, tired, or overwhelmed. However, the most significant impediment to sticking with good habits is our self-image. We often become too attached to a specific version of our identity, which limits our growth potential. The key to personal growth is the willingness to unlearn old beliefs and to upgrade and expand our identities continuously. 🌱

In my experience, writing is an effective tool to gain clarity and improve comprehension. Taking the time to write down complex ideas can help to organise thoughts and facilitate understanding. Unfortunately, many people fail to utilise writing as a means of improving their cognitive abilities. 🤔

To enhance your creativity, it is vital to give yourself more options. If you need ten ideas, come up with thirty, and then select the best ones. This approach provides a distinct advantage in intelligence, as it allows for greater flexibility in problem-solving. According to me, "A person who tinkers and experiments is always more intelligent than typical academicians and scientists." 🔬

I hope it helps

 

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your reflections and insights in this blog post. I appreciate your determination to pursue self-improvement and growth, regardless of your age. It's inspiring to see someone embracing the idea that age is just a number and refusing to let setbacks define their journey.

    I resonate with your observations on the challenges of self-discipline and procrastination. These are common struggles that many of us face, regardless of our age. It's important to recognize these behaviors and work on cultivating discipline and overcoming procrastination to achieve our goals.

    Your point about dividing attention resonates with me as well. It's easy to feel overwhelmed when faced with a challenging task or skill, but persistence and perseverance can make a significant difference. I completely agree that our self-image can often limit our growth potential. Embracing personal growth requires us to let go of old beliefs and expand our identities. I also appreciate your emphasis on the power of writing. Writing can be a powerful tool for gaining clarity, organizing thoughts, and improving comprehension.

    Lastly, I agree with your perspective on creativity. Giving ourselves more options and exploring multiple ideas can fuel our creativity and problem-solving abilities.

    Thank you for sharing your experiences and wisdom. Your insights provide valuable lessons for anyone seeking to become more productive, cultivate positive habits, and foster personal growth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Sides of Wokeism: A Complex Social Phenomenon

Wokeism, a term that gained prominence in the 2010s, refers to a heightened awareness of social, cultural, and political issues, with a particular focus on combating racism and promoting social justice. This concept has become a focal point of both praise and criticism, dividing public opinion along ideological lines. In this article, we explore the two sides of wokeism and delve into the complexities of this social phenomenon. The Positive Side: Wokeism has undoubtedly played a crucial role in raising awareness about systemic inequalities and injustices that have long plagued society. By alerting people to racial prejudice, discrimination, and other forms of social disparity, it has fostered a deeper understanding of marginalized communities' struggles. Many proponents argue that being woke is a step towards progress, as it encourages individuals to empathize, listen, and take meaningful action to address societal imbalances. One of the significant achievements of Wokeism is its a...

The Road to True Progress: Reframing the Narrative of India's Transformation

 In the midst of the incessant reverberations of religious, ideological, and political affiliations, the true essence of nation-building often becomes distorted. For India, a country rich in diversity and potential, this cacophony can result in the misalignment of citizens' understanding of progress. A considerable fraction of society finds itself engulfed in a labyrinth of misleading dialogues: The relentless debates over the supremacy of one political faction over another often consume valuable intellectual bandwidth. Instead of thoughtful discourse on policies and their impacts, discussions are often reduced to partisan squabbles, much like a never-ending game of chess with no definitive victory. A blind endorsement of extreme capitalism, often masked as nationalism, also blurs the boundaries of socioeconomic development.  Large corporations, although significant contributors to the economy, can inadvertently create monopolistic markets if unchecked. It's akin to appreciati...

Can we make cow dung brick using Cow Dung, lime and sodium Silicate?

Cow dung: 🐮🌾🧩 Lime: 🏻🧑‍🔬🔳 Sodium silicate: 🔰🧑‍💼👀                                                                                                                    "Yes, 🙌 cow dung bricks 🧩 can also be made 💡 using the combination 💼 of cow dung, 🐮 lime, 🏻 and sodium silicate. 🔰 Here are the suggested properties 🧑‍🔬 of the ingredients 🧑‍💼 that need to be checked 🔳 before using them 🏻 for cow dung brick making: 🐮🏻🧑‍🔬🌾🧩" Properties of Cow Dung: Moisture content: should be around 15-20% Ash content: should be less than 10% pH value: should be neutral to slightly acidic (around 6-7) Fibre content: should be less...